FW: RE: 2 questions (Conrad G0RUZ Oct 14 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Conrad G0RUZ
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 9:41 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [linrad] 2 questions

Hi Roger I see what you mean but I still think that the easiest way is to
use a 4 way data switch box to switch the audio directly to the 15 pin D
sub. You can have different batch files to start different versions of
Linrad with different audio setups. I know that you MUST know this, just get
the switch box hi. They are only about $25. One evening making up cables and
the problem is solved forever.

Re the power supply, I would be tempted to use a very high quality linear
PSU. I still don't trust those switch mode supplies. Maybe it's because in
my profession (pro audio) I have yet to hear a high power audio amp with a
SMPSU that sounds anywhere near as good as a top amplifier with a
conventional PSU. So I have this in built bias against them.

73

Conrad

LINRADDARNIL