FW: LF beacon Linrad S file (W3SZ Oct 12 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of W3SZ
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 6:21 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linrad] LF beacon Linrad S file

Kohjin and all:

There is another LF Linrad S file taken with the Time Machine hardware,
without the broadband noise at 60000 (360 KHz).  It is at
http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/vlf3.bz2 .  There is still broadband pulse noise
that Linrad is doing a GREAT job of eliminating in this file.
Look/listen with the smart and dumb filters on and then off; amazing!! I
listen / play with Linrad in WCW mode (A).  This file is about 2 minutes
at 90 KHz-plus bandwidth.  So it is 34.255 MB compressed.  Thank
goodness for cable modems ;)

A gif file taken of Linrad screen shortly after the noise at 60000
disappeared is at http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/vlf3.gif

When you run the S file or look at the gif file you will note

	Beacons at 27000 and 29080
	55020 and 57070
	62010 and 64060
	86980 and 89080

Enjoy!

This will be the last S file for a while unless there are special
requests, and unless I have time to get some EME files as Kohjin
requested.

After I recorded this band conditions improved and I was able to receive
in addition to the above LF Navaid beacons from Puerto Rico and Cuba, as
well as Sudbury, Canada.  But I did not make an S file at that time.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road