FW: RE: console switching (used to be: Debian......) (W3SZ Oct 11 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of W3SZ
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 5:44 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [linrad]console switching (used to be: Debian......)

Hello, Matt and all!

Well, I generally run Linrad in Xwindows.  I can alt-F1, alt-F2 etc and
log in to those other command-mode consoles, and when I come back to
Linrad all seems OK, but I do get an overrun error message in the lower
right hand corner of the linrad spectrum display when I do that.  No
problems though.

But if I alt-F7 while linrad is running I go back to the original x
window from which I started linrad, and I am then locked out of linrad
and must cntl-c to stop linrad and then restart linrad to get back in to
it.

So, once I have gone back to an x window console I cannot get back to
linrad.  I thought that this is what others were referring to when they
said they couldn't switch consoles.  Going back and forth from linrad to
command mode consoles is not a problem for me here.

I can also start linrad from a command mode console and switch to other
command mode consoles and to the xwindows console.  In this case I CAN
get back to linrad from both the command mode consoles and the xwindows
console and all seems to work fine.

I use ATI Radeon AGP video card and have run with RHL 6.x, 7.0, 7.2, and
7.3.

I hope that helps.  Thanks to Matt for his note; otherwise I wouldn't
have thought to post this.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah