FW: Re:spectran,dspfil, please clarify (DEHAYS Dominique Oct 01 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DEHAYS Dominique
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 9:03 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [linrad] Re:spectran,dspfil, please clarify

Hi Arie and the list ,

what is very interesting with LINRAD ( among many other nice features)
when you are a microwave ham , is to be able to look at 90Khz of the band
and find signals even if they are very weak . You know like me that
frequency accuracy is a pb on microwaves so you never know if the guy you
are trying to work will be on the right frequency or not , LINRAD solves
that problem...
One problem with weak microwave signals is that LO's are obtained by
multiplication of a 100Mhz signal to 5/10/23/xx Ghz , so the signal has
quite a poor phase noise , and it is difficult to get improvement by using
a sharp filter . I can see , for example, this problem on a 23cm beacon
located about 250km from here , when I look at the spectrum on the BSZ
PC-RX ( DOS version) the CW signal is very , very broad compared to a 2m
beacon.

73's Arie

Dom/F6DRO

LINRADDARNIL