Re: [linrad] RF Quiet Motherboards for Linux & RF Applications

Doc,

I tried replying to you directly, but email via arrl.net address
bounced:

> Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
>
>   Recipient address: kd4e@xxxxxxxx
>   Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
>   Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <kd4e@xxxxxxxx>... User unknown
>   Remote system: dns;arrl-mx-01.corplink.net
>   (TCP|208.161.44.9|24572|216.37.46.9|25) (xlate1.mailsvcs.arrl.net ESMTP
>   Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.0; Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:52:39 -0500)

At any rate, I am seeking about the same info and target that you are
on motherboards, so would appreciate hearing how you make out.

73,
Don AE5K

On 5 Jul 2003 at 10:11, Colburn wrote:

> I am having a difficult time locating a replacement motherboard for my
> desktop that is Linux friendly, rf-quiet, and has the desired
> features. I am trying to refine what I need (and to discover if it
> exists).
>
> David Garnier on the linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list has provided
> an excellent start along my search by recommending the Intel 845GBV --
> it is reportedly very rf-quiet but consolidates too much on the
> motherboard -- creating potential Linux conflicts and eliminating (or
> making more complex) the ability to change/upgrade peripherals (sound,
> video, network, etc.).  It is also a bit older technology.
>
> Anyone know if the Intel 845GBV permits the conflict-free bypassing of
> the embedded peripherals?
>
> I'd like a Pentium-4 motherboard without sound, video, or network
> cards embedded that is rf-quiet (at least FCC Class-B) is what I seek.
>  DDR memory slots (supporting at least two 512M PC-2100 2.5v
> so-dimms), IEEE 1394 Firewire, 4 or more usb, ps/2, serial, parallel,
> vga out, etc.
>
> If sound is embedded it must have stereo line in and out , and mic in
> (for LinRadio and FlexRadio).
>
> Any suggestions, please?
>
> Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

LINRADDARNIL