Previleges

Hi folks,
is it normal that Linrad will work only if I have root privileges on
Linux? Can't start it as an user.  Sri if it is little sense question
but I'm vy new both at linux and linrad.

Moreover: I have installed linrad twice on the same linux platform on
the vy same machine (swapping physically removable HD).  On one install
I can hear and see things coming from mic input on the other install mic
input is dead. Apparently I've followed the same procedures for install.
I know the mic input is not suggestable but at this vy first stages it
helps to see something on the screen.

Thanks

LINRADDARNIL