Re: [linrad] linrad installation problem

Which Linux distribution are you trying to make work?
If it's RedHat you need to select "development tools" to
have the gcc compiler installed.

In any case you want a __binary__ image of gcc.  If you
go and get the source code for gcc you will have to compile
it.  For that you'd need a compiler and quite a few other tools
A kind of circular
logic, chicken and egg type thing.  You want a compiler
that is already compiled to get the process started.

Or simply select al the software you need when you do the
basic install from CD.

--- Henk <j.h.devries@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rien,
>
> Arie pointed in the right direction. Indeed the gcc is missing.
> Nice to know that installations are not complete....
>
> I downloaded a gcc and tried the installation. It asks for a cc
> (another
> compiler!) in order to install the compiler!?.
>
> This incomplete Linux stuff is driving me crazy!!
>
> I will have to find a "Linux-nerd"  to help me, because this is
> getting me
> nowhere..
>
> 73 Henk

=====