[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [linrad] Unexpected behavior from Linrad 1.00
- Subject: RE: [linrad] Unexpected behavior from Linrad 1.00
- From: Leif Åsbrink <leif.asbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:32:12 +0200
> Roger's mention of 1.00 reminded me of some unexpected behavior I saw in
> 1.00. I built mine and fired it up, but when I clicked in the wide
> spectrum display to set my "local oscillator" frequency I did not get the
> expected recieve signal in my headphones. If I fooled around with the
> bandwidth control int he baseband window, I could get it intermittently.
> Linrad 00-51 works fine.
I have found several errors in Linrad01-00. If the fft1 size is small
the timing will become incorrect, help texts do not work under
some circumstances and some other things I no longer remember.
I am writing #5 in the QEX series of articles and I have added a new
parameter "Sellim maxlevel" to allow a different compromise between
maximum pulse power that can be handeled and the compression of strong
signals. (For EME it is useless, that is how it was optimised already)
The 01-01 version will also be a "test release".
Leif / SM5BSZ