Re: [linrad] New Subscriber - HELP

Hello Guy,

At 11:39 03/03/31 +1000, you wrote:
>I now have a 500MHz machine with a 10GHz hard-drive and 64MB of RAM for
>Linux only.

I'm using the same 500MHz machine too but with 384MB of RAM.
I'm afraid 64MB is rather small amount and also afraid it will be difficult
to buy those old ram (perhaps) anymore, sorry.
You might run on runlevel 1 (single task).

>The unexpected comes with "locate libvga": /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
>This is presumably the actual VGA library, but not where I expected it.
>Remember, I did not choose to install X-Windows.

Forget it. It doesn't matter at all.

>However the directory /usr/share/man/man5/ exists but with no libvga files
in it.
>Finally there are no files at all in /usr/local/include/,
>though there are lots of header files in various other places.

Forget here too.

>I am wary of proceeding to install SVGA until I understand what is going on.
>Maybe I chose some wrong package options along the way.

No, you look doing fine, just go ahead.

>So HELP, please someone!

Help what?
Just go ahead and install Linrad.