Re: AW: AW: [linrad] WG: How to configure soundmixer

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Koellner Guenter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> meanwhile, it works. I had some problems, because I had deleted some
> of the libraries on my harddisk, but after reinstalling the RPM which
> contained them, it works.
>
> Now I need to read the manual. I still have unfiltered audio on my
> headphones, but this must be a just a problem that I do not know how
> to select the audio in Linrad. It must be in the manual, which I have
> not read until now.

Not sure what is happening here.

Select the line as the capture device (R in aumix) and make sure it is the
only device selected.

Do you have Vol and Pcm levels at 50% or more?  I have had both going
before I muted the input channel.  Are you miving up the red volume inside
linrad?  I usually need 45% the 20 or so it startes at is too low for me.

Sometimes you need to must the input channel, but I don't see that as an
option in aumix, I know you can do it in alsamixer (but I'm trying the
2.4.20 kernel modules right now) so just aumix.

> By the way: did someone in the past have a problem with the mouse
> jumping without control and not moving softly over the screen. Really
> hard to move to a special target by this...

I had this problem with alsa using a SBLive card and an older 2.4 kernel,
try the kernel based sound modules.  If I use ALSA with ES1988 (maestro3
drivess) everything was OK.  makes me wonder what the best drivers/card
combo to use.

Which card and sound modules are you using?  What is your input source?
I wonder if you are over driving the input.

						Later, JOSH

> 73, Günter, DL4MEA

LINRADDARNIL