From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
wb9uwa@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 09 January 2003 04:40
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linrad] Hardware

Hi All,

Well the Delta 44 is now on its way here, but I have a long way to go for
my change over to Linrad. I am still planning and rethinking my aproach to
Linrad. I would like to take a path that minimizes wasted purchases.
The Time machine would be such a waste.

I may have missed this too on the web sites, but how much gain ahead of the
RS2500 is
needed? Is an LNA at 2.5 Mhz helpful here to keep the mixers after my front
end out of
trouble? I suppose that selectivity between mixers is helpful too...?

Per Conrad, it looks like my Pentium 475 Mhz computer will not be fast
enough
for proper operation at 96 KHZ bandwidth. I will continue my search for a
capable Linrad PC.

73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

LINRADDARNIL