RE: [linrad] RE frequency control

HI, Dan!

That is a great idea!  Then essentially any piece of gear hooked to any
computer that is connected to the Linrad machine by a serial port can be
controlled.

It means that I could control my FT-1000 or Elecraft K2 from Linrad
without disconnecting them from their Windows machines.  That is very
nice.  And it really makes Linrad work like a transceiver ;)

Since both the PTS synthesizer and the FT1000 would be connected to the
Linrad box, Linrad would be able to take into account the LO frequency
of the PTS synthesizer as well as its own frequency readout to keep the
FT1000 transmitter on the Linrad receive frequency even when the LO
changed to look at another segment of the band.  Very nice...now the
only question is will it be possible to figure it all out and actually
do it? ;)

Yes, the National Instruments boxes are very nice, and the models for
ISA or MCA (do I have that right?  I mean the dead-end bus that the
PS2's used) are sometimes on eBay for very reasonable prices.  I have a
bunch of PS2s hanging around here just in case I need to use the MCA
National Instruments GPIB boards I got.  I think the boards were $20 or
so, and the computers were $0-25.

Well I was up most of the night listening to the Leonids, so I think I
will get some rest now...

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah