[Linrad] Re: system gain

I have not made any recent measurements but a year ago I made
comparisons between my SDR-iQ running Winrad and my FT-847 into
JT-65.  My eyeball was the judge of waterfall SNR.

My RF system:  mgf-1801 LNA (0.15 dBNF, 16.8 dBG) + 2-dB line loss +
1.0 dBNF line amp, 15-dBG, to 3-dB splitter.  One side feeds the
8-dBNF FT-847 directly; the other goes to the 1.0 dBNF DEMI 144/28
converter (est. 15 dBG), to a MAR-6 amplifier (18-dBG) to the SDR-IQ.

Results were that adding the MAR-6 IF Amp lowered the noise floor of
the SDR-IQ 14-dB.  Without it the sensitivity was about the same
(est. error of 3-dB).
I have not estimated what the system NF is for the SDR-IQ but the
FT-847 is about 0.75 dB.

Oh I set SDR-IQ RBW to 3.4 Hz to be about equivalent with that of spectra-JT.

73, Ed - KL7UW