[Linrad] Re: Obsolete

I wouldn't remove it, I'd just archive it, linked into another directory maybe?

Thanks to all for all the work on this.  SDR in general is very new to
me and it's been amazing to me how much I can figure out in just the
last two months from the freely distributed information that is
available.

It's given me renewed energy in general for tinkering with software
again after being relatively jaded as a *nix sysadmin for years now.
It's also uncovered an entirely new avenue for ham radio playing.

A beginners guide as to what each component of linrad is doing at as
high a level as possible would be a great effort.  The inline comments
in configuration are detailed but they assume a working knowledge in
many cases.

One example that I still haven't really figured out is why or when you
would want two FFT's, which I'm sure is just plainly obvious to those
who are programming this stuff.  I've found myself changing parameters
and just not able to really figure out what I did, and what the net
effect was.

--
73      de     Chris       KC2RGW