Yesterday I spent several hours playing with the new version r1102, and using the default configuration of Linrad provided with that version. This is the first time I have managed to decode signals using MAP65 and I must say the first impression is excellent, however I have noticed several things possibly not working as good as I could expect, at least with my setup:
First, the signal levels reported for the selected frequency are between 3 and 5 dB weaker than with WSJT6. I was running MAP65 and WSJT6 in parallel and I could see that difference for all signals. When a signal is, for instance, -22 dB in WSJT6, the same signal is between -25 and -27 dB in MAP65. When the band is noisy the difference is smaller (might be 1 dB weaker in MAP65), possibly because of the excellent noise blanker of Linrad.
Also, weaker signals (-28 to -30 dB in WSJT6) are not decoded at all in MAP65 (and they are in WSJT6)
Additionally, the reception of MAP65-IQ suddenly stops. The waterfall display does not update and the program doesn't decode, although apparently it continues receiving data from Linrad (at least it does not show "no data" or so). When I double click on the waterfall it starts receiving again. This has happened at least 5 times in about 2 hours.
73. Gabriel - EA6VQ
VQLog 3.1 (build 56): HTTP://www.vqlog.com
Real-Time Propagation maps: HTTP://www.vhfdx.net/spots/map.php