[Linrad] Re: Map65IQ and softrock V9

At 10:29 PM 3/25/2009, f6dro wrote:

>Hi Jacques ,
>
>in fact , to obtain full adavanrage what we need is a design able to use
>fully Linrad , I mean V and H simultaneously and being able to get optimum
>signals any time. WSE RX is perfectly OK , but a bit too expensive for the
>average ham.We need a " dual channel system for the poor ham"
>
>73
>Dom

It is true that MAP65IQ only decodes a single polarity, but if you
have a dual-pol antenna system, you can switch pol on the nezt
sequence and capture any signals that are coming in on that
polarity.  I would guess that one would sample the spectrum with
MAP65 every 5-10 minutes else you would have information
overload.  Activity would not change that rapidly that one needed to
capture everything in one minute.  Obviously, not as sophisticated as
WSE Rx into dual channel Linrad, but I think it is workable.

I have a dual-pol eme station but will run my 2m Rx signal into a
splitter feeding my FT-847 <--> JT65 (computer#1) and simultaneously
into a DEMI 144/28 xvtr feeding my SDR-IQ --> Linrad/MAP65iq
(computer#2).  So I will be able to watch the eme subband on the
selected pol, switching pol as desired.

73, Ed - KL7UW              BP40iq, 6m - 3cm
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xp20, 8877-600w
1296-EME: DEMI-Xvtr, 0.30 dBNF, 4.9m dish, 60/300W  (not QRV)
http://www.kl7uw.com       AK VHF-Up Group
NA Rep. for DUBUS: dubususa@xxxxxxxxxxx