[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.39

Hi Leif,

The problem (to me) is that low banders record their data on un-calibrated
systems and that may cause the problem to look more difficult than it
really is....

Another problem is the files are probably low bandwidth, 3-4 KHz audio files. And almost certainly uncalibrated.

With four softrocks you would need 8 analog inputs so a Delta44 would be
inadequate. There is the Delta 8?, an 8-channel version.
The hardware we should look for is something using a good VHF-sampling
A/D like the LTC

I believe it is possible to sync two D44s together, but I haven't looked into it. The HPSDR Mercury board should be interesting when it becomes available (http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=MERCURY) .

To start with, you might use a Delta 44 and two softrocks with the
current Linrad software. You may use the manual polarization setting to
cancel undesired signals, but you could also allow Linrad to optimize
the signal level for the interference while you listen in the orthogonal
channel where the interference would be minimized.

Sounds interesting.  I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

73

joe n6kk