[linrad] Network bug, linrad-02.37

Hi All,

Joe, N6KK wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the Linrad Network.  All seems well using
> options 4, 5, 6, or 7, but when I turn on option 8 (Send timf2) or option 9
> (send fft2 transforms) the AFC graph and S meter graphs become very slow and
> jerky and the main spectrum and high resolution graphs seem to slow down
> some.  If I try to "X" out, the screen freezes and I have to close the
> window and restart Linrad.

There are two bugs.
line 303 in network.c is:
sc[SC_SHOW_FFT1]++;
after this line there has to be a statement like this:
lir_sem_post(SEM_SCREEN);

Without this statement, the screen thread will not update
the screen even though the processing is running correctly
all the time.

The other error, no response to the X command, needs a statement
like this:
if(thread_command_flag[THREAD_LIR_SERVER] != THRFLAG_ACTIVE)return;
inserted at line 257 in network.c
while(sc[SC_SHOW_FFT1]!=sd[SC_SHOW_FFT1])
  {
  lir_sleep(10000);
  }

(before or after lir_sleep)
Without it the network server thread will sleep for ever
because the screen thread is already closed and will never
update sd[].

Linrad-02.37 has these corrections but it is somewhat
restructured as compared to 02.35 so it is not (yet?)
on the Linrad Home Page as a stable version.
Download from here:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/lintx.htm
If you find bugs, please report them (and make the above
corrections to network.c in 02.35)