[linrad] Re: SV: [linrad] Re: unit adressing

Hello Jens,

> Is there a similar software, as Rogers, to set frequency
> under Linux? Couldn't find any meny in Linrad to do that,
> but I also must admit that I haven't played arround with it much.
To add user specific routines to control hardware, read
z_USERS_HWARE.txt

There are prototype files included in the standard Linrad package.

> The units also get really hot, placed them vertically as
> suggested by Nicklas. What about airspace above and under
> the units - any recommendations?
The lower the temperature is, the better:-)

With the units side by side like books in a shelf with about 2 cm
of air between each one is how I have had them for a long time.

> Mine are now directly on a bench and about 2-3cm of free air
> above the units.
I have them on a table with nothing above the units.

> They are all separated about 2cm. Maybee there should be more
> air under the units too - anybody tested this? I thought of
> making a spacer, in wook or aluminium, that could held the
> units in place, the only reason now for not moving arround
> is that I have used very short pieces of coax...
You might place them with the connectors upwards. This way the
"chimney effect" between the boxes will work in a higher "chimney"
and air can also reach the chimney through a longer slit.

> I must also redimension the cooler on my newly built powersupply.
> The 2 times nearly 3A gives a lot of heat there too...
Originally I intended to use just a transformer, diode and a big
capacitor, but I have been lazy and still run with standard supplies.
They get hot, I had to replace the two parallelled 2N3055 with
four parallelled plastic equivalents to get an acceptable
reliability. After I did that, the boxes have been running continously
without error for at least two years. Before I had regular
2N3055 replacements....

73

Leif