[linrad] Polarization question

Hi Leif (or anyone else who knows),

Ideally, I suppose, with an xpol antenna one would like to have phase-matched preamps for the two polarizations and equal electrical lengths for the two Rx feedlines.

Suppose they are not well matched. In other words, suppose that the complex gains and signal delays in the two polarization channels are not equal. Will Linrad's polarization-matching capability be compromised? As far as I can see, it still works well even with poorly matched feedlines. I suppose this must mean that Linrad solves for a differential complex gain, and that over a fairly narrow bandwidth a different delay can be treated as a phase shift.

Is this the correct way to look at it? Can you enlighten me any further?

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT