[linrad] Re: multiple instances of Linrad

Hi, Stan,

Thanks for the note!  You are right that this is too much fun ;)

The way I have my hardware FT1000 control add-on written at this point only one instance of it could be open at a time. But it would be simple to rewrite it so that the serial port was only opened when the data link was to be used, and to close it immediately thereafter. If that were done, then I could use multiple instances of XWindows Linrad and still retain control of the FT1000 frequency from Linrad. Then I could forget about the separate computer for monitoring and just use one computer / monitor with 4 or 5 instances of Linrad running for everything. I will play with changing the code later today at Hilltop. Because Linrad for Windows won't control the FT1000, this all depends on XWindows-Linrad being as happy with multiple instances as Linrad for Windows is, and I haven't checked that out yet.

Have a great weekend, and

73,

Roger
W3SZ

Consider the other multichannel M audio PCI cards like the 6-6 or the 1010.

I am not an expert on the mAudio cards, but I believe the 6-6 still only gives 4 analog channels of in/out.

The 1010 appears to me to have bandpass filtering of the analog signals so that even though it samples at 96K, the spectrum is limited to 22 Hz-22kHz. I could be wrong, but that is what the specs suggest to me.

Stan, W1LE  FN41sr   Cape Cod

w3sz wrote:

Hi, All,

The SoftRock v7s are so cheap I am starting to come up with all sorts of uses for them in conjunction with Linrad.

--
Roger Rehr
W3SZ