[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.06

Hi, All,

Wow!  02-06 is VERY nice!

Today I wiped Sarge off the hard drive at home [it was not accidental, but rather a mercy killing] and now have Etch both at home and Hilltop, and so can no longer comment on problems with Sarge [RIP] and XLinrad. With getting rid of Sarge and family Holiday stuff, I didn't get a lot of time to play with 02-06.

But I can say that 02-06 works very well on Windows on both machines I've tried it on, a laptop and my minitower.

And 02-06 works very well with the new Etch installation here at home, both in svgalib mode and in XWindows mode [using Xorg].

I again found with Etch that the STOCK Alsa sound works fine with the Delta44 at 96000 Hz sampling rate, and I didn't need to mess with anything to get sound working properly. Sayonara OSS!! I did set the sampling rate to 96000 Hz in one of the Alsa gui soundcard configurators that I downloaded, but actually didn't try it to see where the default was before I did that.

No hitches in the install, no glitches or hangups in operation, no unpleasant surprises at any point.

Again, very nice, Leif!

I will comment more later after I get a chance to play some more ;)

PS Linrad [Linux] did a great job with the SDR14 on the microwaves yesterday. It is very nice being able to control the SDR14's frequency from within Linrad. Thanks!!

Thanks again for a great job, and

73,

Roger
W3SZ