[linrad] Re: Linrad 02.05 part II, svgalib version.

leif@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Ramiro,

The way I locate this kind of errors is th change "DUMPFILE",
now in vernr.h, to 1.

Then add statements xz("comment");
between code statement statements.
xz={fprintf(dmp,"%s\n",agr);fflush(dmp);sync();}
When the computer has rebooted, the last line in the file
dmp is the last xz statement encountered.

Then I would remove all xz before the last one
and insert more of them between the last one and
the next one that was not executed. Pretty soon
I know what statement that does not return.

My Debian Sarge 2.6.8 installation will be complete (perhaps)
in about 12 hours. I will try to reproduce the error you report,
but I do not think the chances are so good I can get this
error.

Maybe you could place some xz statements in your lmain.c
like this:
 if(global_uiparms()==0)
    {
    lir_errcod=1197;
xz("goto exitmain");
    goto exitmain;
    }
xz("glob_uip OK");
.
.
  }
vga_setmousesupport(1);
xz("mouse OK");

Verify that the mouse driver is specified correctly in libvga.config.
(You can check by trying mousetest)

Linrad-01.35 uses
mouse_init("/dev/mouse",vga_getmousetype(),MOUSE_DEFAULTSAMPLERATE);
mouse_setdefaulteventhandler();

while linrad-02.05 uses
vga_setmousesupport(1);

I do not know what the best way would be to find out where
the correct mouse driver is located. The 2.05 way is intended
to force users to get into the libvga.config file. I added tools to allow some editing of libvga.config because that
seemed to be something needed to make the live CD easy to
use. Now with a Windows version I think it is time to
delete the 'libvga.config editor' and replace it with
some on-screen instructions about the need to use a
text editor on /etc/vga/libvga.config before proceeding.

Hello Leif,

I appreciate all your efforts and dedication in Linrad programming. I imagine that you spend several hours a day into Linrad development. I can not program more than a hundred of C code lines without a tremendous headache!

I want to thank you for the very detailed answers you write to our emails. I am going to try to introduce the debugging sentences between the code, even when I do not well understand how such a complex program work. You always say that you are not a programmer, but I believe you are a great one!

Have patience with your Debian Sarge network install ;-) . In such cases it is a good thing to have the CDROMs or DVDs at hand. I use to buy them on cheap Internet vendors when a new Debian version is released. As you will now, there are also CDROM and DVD images for the Etch distribution, but they get outdated quickly. For etch I prefer the network install.

Anyway, I will experiment what you have teached to me.

We will keep in touch.

Ramiro.
EA1ABZ.