[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.05

Hello Leif and others,

------------------------------------
The routine rx_output is a small simple routine in straight C code.
It does however call some system functions as listed below.
I would think the problem is caused by interrupts not being
correctly separated when happening too frequently.
That would cause ioctl or write to D/A to cause an error.
It could also be a problem related to the Linrad error
handling which still to some extent has 'memories' of
being parts of a simple single threaded structure. If that
is the problem, the dumpfile (see 11 below) will clearly
show it.

<snip>

Thank you very much for your detailed info about the functions in xlinrad code. Unfortunately, I do not understand how Linrad works. :-( Attached below is the dmp file after setting DUMPFILE to 1.

I am right now downloading Debian Sarge to try to reproduce
the bug. It might be related to ALSA and I have no idea how
ALSA might differ to Debian Etch.

Ok, good luck with your Sarge install. I will wait for your results and I will be ready for any tests you need here on this machine.

73, Ramiro, EA1ABZ.

******************************
fft1,fft2: 1.2 Megabytes(27 arrays)
fft1_bytes 524288    ui.rx_channels=1   ui.ad_channels=1
NOT DWORD INPUT    NOT IQ DATA  ad_read_bytes 1024  interrupt_rate 86.1
fft1_n 10    fft1_size 1024   interleave (_ratio 0.562500  _points 576)
fft1mode 0   bytes_per_fragment 2
timf1_blockbytes 1792   fft1_blockbytes 8192
timf1_bytes 32768   fft1_bytes 524288
max_fft1_sumsq 63
fft1win (N) 3
mix1_size 64