[linrad] Re: video screen

Hi Kleibe,

> I have configured libvga.config as you said, but
> nothing happens after I choice 1024X768 or any other
> choice. When I type ./vgatest the screen goes black
> with a little backlight. I need to type enter or esc
> to go back to terminal window. I dont understand how
> it happens since my linux graphics are ok.
>
> I've looked at my monitor's manual about sync
> frequencies. These are 30-71KHz (automatic)for
> horizontal and 50-160 vertical (automatic).
>
> In this case I tried chipset forcing I my choice was
> VESA forcing....

Forcing VESA only works on some videocards. Try to allow
svgalib to probe. It might select another chipset.
You might try to force other chipsets but chances of sucess
are not too good.

Since the linux graphics is ok you can find what driver to
use from the X configuration files. Maybe none is included
in svgalib. If that is the case you have to wait for
svgalib to include your hardware - or for me to supply a
version that runs under X. ON5GN is helping with this
so xlinrad might be available in a reasonable time:-)

73

Leif