[linrad] Re: Linrad for Windows

Hi, Ulf,

Thanks for the note!

Your remote site looks very nice! I like your description of the remote setup as well!

You mentioned as 'things to do' at your remote site: weather station and IP cameras.

I have a remote weatherstation at my remote site using a Davis VantagePro Weatherstation. THe software that comes with it generates a webpage that I can view here at home and see what the weather is at my remote site. I don't know if Davis Weatherstations are available there, or if you still are thinking of doing that [or perhaps have done it already]. But the Davis has worked well for me. It is wireless and solar powered, and feeds into a computer at the remote site that generates the webpage. I am running Windows 2000 on that machine; I don't know if they have a Linux version of their software. http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/stations.asp

You also mentioned IP Cameras. I have two at the remote site that constantly stream to my home and are recorded to hard disk, in case something happens at the remote site. They are D-Link DCS-900's. THey are very basic [cheap] but do the job for me. http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=270 They are indoor use only.

I use them with Active WebCam software,Deluxe version. http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Thanks again for the kind note, and for sending the URL for your website!

73,

Roger
W3SZ