[linrad] wine and linrad.exe (version 2.00c)

To all wine conoisseurs on this list.

Today I experimented with  linrad.exe (version 2.00c) under wine (version
20050725) and oss.

After the linrad set-up dialog, I got a nice linrad main-menu (under x11).

I was able to select the option U =A/D and D/A setup for RX, got a few error
messages on the console  from the wine sound interface, but linrad did not
crash.

The option W  worked OK.

When I started the option D, I got the different (empty) Linrad graphs nicely
displayed on the screen .

From these facts I would conclude that wine is doing a good  job in converting
the (windows) screen IO's to X11 but is not able to handle the linrad sound
logic.

It also led to the  following question:

Would it make sense ( in terms of development effort ) to reuse and adapt the
wine logic for the conversion of the windows screen-IO's to X11 , for the
conversion to X11 of the svgalib-statement that are used in the native Linux
linrad coding ?

( I still have a dream :-) )

73,

Pierre/ON5GN