[linrad] Re: AW: [linrad] Re: Linrad-02.pre

Hi Günter,

> I assume I cannot record from it with standard W98 sound tools.
> I have spectran running, but the special version which supports
> the M-Audio sound cards. I have WSJT running but only with
> Spectran as input. WSJT does not detect the M-Audio itself
> directly. If I understand you right, later Windows versions
> would support the 2496 directly? Then it is my problem.
I do not really know much about Windows. I have Delta44 running
under Win 98 and Lynx Two under Windows 2000. To achieve this
I had to locate the drive routines for the appropriate Windows
version at the manufacturers sites. As I understand it, these
drive routines will allow any Win software to use these
soundcards.

> I can let my son install XP and try it with XP if you think
> this is worth it?
I do not think it would make any difference.

> How can I further diagnose the blockwise output? BTW, it
> happend with lowest sampling rate (9600 per second) and was,
> as I think, not related to the sampling rate at all.
I do not know why it happens so I have no idea.

> I meanwhile re-found WINTOP, so I can also check if processes
> would take all proc time?
Well, Linrad-02.00pre is still quite a bit from a regular version.
On some Win systems it does work well enough to be useful but
I am not surprised at all to learn that it does not work properly
on all systems.

The problem is likely to occur at the output side. You might try
some other speeds like 11025 or some other standard.