RE: [linrad] RE: ALSA install on RH9 with Intel 8x0 chip

I recently compared the Intel 8x0 chip on my
Dell Dimension 4600 development engine with the
M-Audio (Delta)44, the M-Audiophile USB, the Lynx
L22, the Creative Audigy 2 NX, M-Audio Revolution,
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, etc.

There is but one device I tested that I would NEVER EVER allow
audio to pass through that I cared about:

SoundMax, Intel 8x0, onboard sound.

The noise floor was 20 dB worse than ANY OTHER MEASURED
BOARD.  The cross channel leakage was 20 dB or more worse
than any other measured board, etc. etc.

If you have a Windows computer, you too can make serious
measurements of your sound cards (my Dell Dimension 4600
dual boots Linux and Windows) by using RMAA 5.3 (Right Mark
Audio).

I hope to do an open source Linux implementation of
this that will also test implementation, latency, etc. in
your kernel/drivers, as well as the analog interfaces in
your sound system.

Bob
N4HY