Re: [144MHzEu] Out of band QRM. Worst case ?

Hello Leif,

Just for your info:
Please note that in Holland there are pagers around 150-155Mhz pegging the
S-meter to S9+++60dB (no mast pre-amp used). Even after using a 4-pole
cavity 2mtr bandfilter (DCI), they are still at 9+10dB.  I'm sorry I have no
real figures nor references to back this up, I though this might give you
just an idea what this will do to most mast-pre amps.

'73 Mark, PA5MW

> As far as I know there is nothing here in SM but I do know
> there are pagers just below 144 MHz in the UK. It will be
> fairly easy to design filters that make performance limited
> by the mast mounted preamplifier for signals that are more
> than 4 MHz outside the band edges if one wants full sensitivity
> from 144 to 146 MHz. Likewise it would be fairly easy to make
> the system limited by the preamplifier for signals below 142.5
> or above 146 MHz if one wants full sensitivity from 144 to
> 144.5 MHz only.
>
> My question is: Is there a real need for better than this?
>

> 73
>
> Leif / SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL