Re: [linrad] Out of band QRM. Worst case ?

Hello the Net:

Preamplifier problems I have had in the past were due to :

1. the 1/4 KW pages on 151 Mhz and the nearby FAA station at 136 MHz

2. low noise preamp in the 2M band but also a very low noise figure,
with low + gain, in the 850 to 950 MHz cellular/garbage band.
    like the SSB model LNA 145.

I really like the LANDWEHR mast mounted preamplifiers , that I use for
terrestrial and satellite work
decent NF and gain,  tightly around the 2M band, NF ~1db so not
spectacular for eme. Many preamplifiers are broadband
with poor performance in a dense electromagnetic environment.

for 2M EME and terrestrial I am considering the cavity input product
offering of:

http://www.lnatechnology.com

Stan, WA1ECF