I now have my LynxTwo-A soundcard. To make it work with OSS I needed to
download the beta version of the program, 3.99.1b. It files things a bit
different from my older version. Linrad appears to look for soundcard.h in a
few places. My old OSS program put it in /usr/lib/oss. The 3.99.1b version
puts it in /usr/lib/oss/include/sys. To make it work on my system I put a copy
of soundcard.h in the /usr/lib/oss location.
All went well doing this.
OK. I will have a Lynx
Two in a couple of weeks and I guess there will be
some changes in Linrad
because of that...
My problem is now with the LynxTwo and the soundcard options Linrad
gives. The LynxTwo shows up as a 2ch option so all I am able to select is 1 RX
channel I/Q and not 2 RX I/Q channels. It seems to be working fine in the 1
channel mode with a Sound blaster for the output. Linrad only lists 16 options
/dev/dsp. With all of my mixers and soundcards I have many more choices I
could use. I ordered the cards so the Delta44 is last and is nolonger one of
my 16 choices.
Change setad.c, line
14. MAX_DEVNAMES should be one above the largest driver