[linrad] RE: USB peripheral Radio

Hi,

> How difficult would it be to adapt Linrad to such a device? (ie control
> software with digital data input rather than analog)
> Any ideas?
It is probably extremely easy.
Linrad already has a mode with digital input. It is the network mode:-)

The problem will be to write the control routines for the digital
decimation chip that samples down to a rate that the PC can handle
and maybe there could be problems using USB, firewire or ethernet
drive routines. Using the parallel port would be trivial if the
hardware has a buffer that can hold enough data in a FIFO. One could
use some control pin to tell the hardware that Linrad wants to read
how many data words the buffer currently holds and then just read
from the parallel port. I think I can interleave such read statements
in the fft code in a way that will be compatible to the hardware
capabilities. It would of course be much better to use an interrupt
driven device driver - but that would be beyond my programming skills.

73

Leif