[linrad] RE: Architecture of Linrad

Hi Alberto,

> Does it exist a documentation of the architecture of Linrad ?
> Suppose that someone (and please don't read here more than it's written)
> wants to evaluate the possibility, the effort required and the difficulty
> of porting Linrad to Windows, he would need a detailed breakdown
> of the functions performed by the umpteen modules of Linrad, together
> with a description of the whole architecture, both from an eagle-view
> vision and a more detailed one.
Everything that exists is published. I think porting to Windows
or anywhere else should be pretty straightforward because Linrad
uses very few system calls.

Basically Linrad needs a function setpixel(x,y,colour) to write the
specified pixel on screen and another call xy_write(x,y,char) to write
a character on the screen.

> I browsed briefly the source code,
> but the comments are almost non existant.
I think this is a little unfair. There is a text block for each
processing block describing what the block is intended to do.
There are no comments at the level of individual instructions,
I do not think it would be cost efficient. Far more work for me
writing them than work they would save to others.

> Does such document exist, even if unpublished?
"such document" is a bit unspecific. I am not a programmer and
I do not know what the word "architecture" stands for in this
context. The block diagram of Linrad can be found at for
example ....../linroot.htm. How to describe the code in terms
of architecture is beyond my skils. To me it is just simple
straight code.

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL