Re: [linrad] Linrad and Fedora Core 3

Thanks for the good suggestion.

Unfortunately, I still have the problem after rebooting.

I do the insmod correctly, and the module is loading correctly after
rebooting.

I know this because if I do the insmod again [a second time since the
reboot], Linux tells me that the module is already loaded.

I also know this because I can use rmmod without an error message after I
have loaded the module.  If i do rmmod without loading the module, rmmod
gives an error message.

But still svgalib says 'did you load svgalib_helper', even though I did
and Linux knows it is there.

I am stuck, as I can't go back to RedHat 8 with the new computer, as it
doesn't recognize the onboard video or network hardware as its too new.

There are other issues, too!  svgalib doesn't recognize the new Intel
onboard video and so it uses generic driver, and so I can't get enough
resolution to run linrad [only 400 x something, even though the hardware
does up to 1600 x something], so I think I will forget about using this
new computer on Linrad.  Its too bad, as it is 3 GHz with 1 GB 800 MHz
memory bus speed memory.

I do not like svgalib ;)
At least I DO have 2 machines on which Linrad is running ;)

Have a great week, and

73,

Roger
W3SZ

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:06:28 +0100, Leif Åsbrink