Re: Fedora, usleep and overrun errors.

> If Hal is started as a daemon in Fedora Core 3, it should probably  be
> possible to prevent this daemon to start by removing it from the list of
> services that are associated with the runlevel you are using.
> With SuSe there is graphical tool 'Yast>Runlevel editor' that
> allows you to
> do this in a userfriendly way. I don't have Fedora Core 3 installed but I
> guess that it  has a similar tool . If not , a manual modification of the
> init scripts should give the same result.
> Hope this helps.
> 73,
> Pierre/ON5GN

Removing Hal solves the problems but the posting "re Fedora vs RH9"
by Jeffrey Pawlan which you can read below suggests it is not a
good idea.

Nice simple distributions like RedHat 9 or Mandrake 8.0 are
excellent for Linrad.

In order to disable Hal properly I need help to use
autoconf/configure to find out if the target system
uses Hal to enable/disable some code within Linrad
to take care of Hal.

As long as the Hal disable feature is missing it is better
to avoid distributions that contain Hal.

73

Leif