[linrad] Still problem with Delta 44

I am still having trouble to set the input sound level of my Delta 44
soundcard. All mixers commands (amixer, alsamixer, etc.) do not have any
influence on the behaviour of this board. Dev0 is AC97 on board and all
mixer commands are working with this device.
This is not a Linrad problem. I have trouble with the ALSA sound system.
It seems as I partly distroyed it when installing the envy24contol software.
I use SuSE 9.1 and have reinstalled the ALSA package using YaST but with no
success.
When switching from runlevel 5 to 3 I can see 2 error messages (among some
others) which I hope somebody with a deeper knowledge of Linux can explain
to me.

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start)SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: broken
pipe

This is definitly one of the things that go wrong. What does "broken pipe"
mean?

warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 202 types alive

And this is strange as well. The MCOP Dispatcher (part of KDE?) is not
stopped properly.

Any idea before I have to reinstall the whole thing? I am not a Linux expert
but don't underestimate my of common sense ;-)

Daniel, DL3IAE

--
http://dl0ger-eme.dd8il.de/

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg|nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl