Re: Linrad

Hi, Kleibe,

I got everything to work with the new .32 version of Linrad.

Here is how:

Use the big iso on Josh's website to make the CD.
Make floppies of both the old .07 and new .32 versions of Josh's floppy disk.

Alt-F3 to get out of Linrad and to the command prompt

Put the old .07 Linrad floppy of Josh's into the floppy drive and do
mount /mnt/floppy
cd /mnt/floppy
mkdir /tmp/w3sz
cp linrad /tmp/w3sz/linrad
cd /
umount /mnt/floppy

put the new .32 Linrad floppy into the floppy drive
mount /mnt/floppy
cd /mnt/floppy
cp linrad linrad.32
rm linrad
cp /tmp/w3sz/linrad linrad
gunzip linrad.real.gz

then typing

./linrad

should run the new .32 version of Linrad.

Let me know if you have any problems.

I am not at my Linux site so I can't see what in the new 'linrad' script file is causing the problem. The error message has to do with the linrad.real.gz file in terms of permissions, so maybe its just the permissions setting of that file. Gunzipping it takes care of things, as noted above.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if it works for you.

73,

ROger
W3SZ