[linrad] Re: Debian

There is also the chouse of sarge.  Sarge is also known as 3.1

Please use an installer from

This will give you the testing tree version of debian.  This is what will
soon become the stable tree.  It will give you a much better feel for how
the debian installer and current debian system looks like.

the 3.0 release is based on a tree that is a few years old.  Great if you
want a server with a stable software base, not great for a desktop system.

If you have a broanband connection I would suggest a netboot CD or
business card CD.
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc3/sarge-i386-businesscard.iso

Netboot and business card are nice because you boot the system off of the
CD, and then you install with the most recent packages off of the debian
mirror system.  You also only download the packages you need and not all
of the CDs.

Feel free to send more questions to the list if you have them.

You will need to compile svgalib from source if you want 1.9.19
http://www.svgalib.org/
If you have a newer graphics card you will probably want to make sure you
do this.

73, KD7HGL

							Later, JOSH