[linrad] Sound problem under Debian's Sarge

I have some problems with my audio system on the Debian's Sarge :

When I installed the system, the only audio board on the system was the
motherboard's built-in VT8237. Everything looked fine until I started
Linrad. The 'U' command give me the choice between 2 different boards,
both named '00' with the same VT8237 chipset.

The soundcard test mode give a sort of square signal with the
corresponding sound in the speaker...

I suspect a misconfiguration in the audio system that reports false
informations to Linrad, but I have no way to solve the problem.

I disabled the motherboard's audio device in the BIOS, and put a good
old Creative's ES1371, to see if this could not solve the problem , but
I do not know how to install it....

Now Linrad reports no sound device. How could I change the audio board
without re-installing Sarge (It's fun but ...)

Very 73

Patrick