[linrad] Re: Debian/Knoppix - editors ; Re: [linrad] Re: Corrections (text); Re: [linrad] Linrad install

'Zaba' OH1ZAA wrote:

Hello Ramiro!

Will add your additional comments below (corrected) to the "Z"-file,
and send the result to Leif. I am now at a different address, so I
will do it later (as I do not have the file here; forgot usual Bcc:).

thanks!

About the editor programs..... I think I spoiled a few configuration
files using 'vi', as it was the only editor I remembered by name when
starting Linux-activities again. At least 'vi' is very difficult to
manage without previous experience. Next I will try the 'nano' you
suggested.

Yes, vi is very strange at the beginning. Now I use "vim" (vi improved) as my favourite editor, it is much more featured than pure vi. But anyway, it is very strange ....hi..

I was not too pedantic about correcting all debians to Debians in
your original text, but since you are so enthusiastic about it now,
maybe we should upgrade everything to Debian with a big "D", hi hi.

Oh, I apreciate all your corrections. My english has many errors from I was at school..... hi, and of course, Debian is with capital "D".

As Knoppix is a Debian-based distro, I think everything would work
according your installation procedure there as well. It gave me an
operational XFree86 environment with version Knoppix 3.8.1 , kernel
2.6.11 right from the Live_CD (execute 'knoppix-installer'). Only I
should probably switch back to runlevel 3, when I am going to run
'Linrad' with maximum stability.

I do not know knoppix in detail. I tested some older versions and I was really impressed. Sure it is not suitable for setting up an Internet server, but good for desktop use. ;-)

Oh, I am almost sure that it will work, but who knows........

73, Ramiro.