[linrad] Linguistics in Linux / Woody, Sarge and Speedy ; Re: [linrad] Re: Installation adventures (Debian Sarge) /contest[3]

Good morning Roger!

Actually many present distro's are very suitable for quick
installs, also Debian & Knoppix. I haven't tried Ubuntu yet,
the most popular Debian-derivative these days....

Upon next install please take your chronometer reading, and
please do the install in a relaxed mood, so we get a chance
to compete a little (even if we try Fedora ourselves). After
the basic distro-install, probably a sub_60-minute install
is realistic on a bunch of recent distro's. However, I have
noticed that we have to use slightly different accents when
talking to the different kernel series. There is a jump from
2.4.x to 2.6.x (e.g. insmod vs. modprobe... and *.o vs. *.ko).

 Enjoy your chats with the Penguin!    73, "Zaba" OH1ZAA/2