[linrad] Upcoming Data: Abit_IC7/NF7 - EPoX 4B2M+ ; ERROR 1027 (1 channel); touring PC's

Hello all,

The initial tour with the first W3SZ_Live_CD has been completed.

After the Asus A7V133-VM motherboard there have been three more
successful boots: Abit IC7, Abit NF7 and EPoX 4B2M+. All these
have integrated sound, but a stand-alone AGP-card. These boards
are applicable for immediate 48 kHz I/Q-sampling [actually
they show a "should never happen" ERROR 1027 in setad.c when
trying to configure for the 1 RX-channel mode]. Dual channel
(I/Q) seems to be the only option for built-in sound.

I will send the more complete Data to Rein's archives, but it
will take some time, as nothing has been documented on paper
(just the tour done; now its fading memory). I had problems
with the Abit BP6 (probably AGP-card) and Abit KD7A (sound).

Also the ACER notebook would stay dark with 'Linrad', though
all of Knoppix works well. Similarly a fast Fujitsu-Siemens
(details unknown) at OH2LYJ's failed to show 'Linrad', but
it was the first PC with a DVI-output connection to the LCD-
monitor (if that has any impact relative to SVGALIB?). Also
it had a wireless keyboard/mouse, which was all recognized
with Knoppix, but may be an "issue" for libvga.config ....

While touring I may hit some more PC's. CD-booting is not
intrusive so it is easy to find candidates. But it is more
difficult to find out quickly what the hardware is inside
(the privacy of the owners has to be respected). Please
tell us if this novel form of tourism yields new results!

                   73,  "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/FOoZA/ZF2KZ