[linrad] Goodbye Debian (welcome back as Knoppix); Re: [linrad] Re: Removable drive bays...iso file

Hello All!

One Debian kernel 2.4.27 install has now been replaced
by the contents of Roger's new Linrad_Knoppix-Live_CD.

So we are back at Debian (kernel 2.6.11) on the Abit IC7
in Knoppix-disguise. Instead of the former 258 MB apt-get
update/upgrade downloads, only 4 MB was needed at this
point in time; of course this amount will increase as
corrected Debian-packages occur, but one does not need
any of this to run the current version of 'Linrad' as
supplied on the Live_CD (lir01-33).

Since I forced the contents over the old Debian-install,
there was an change of the bootloader listing. Possibly
I "messed with Texas" and got the message of a missing
ntoskrnl.exe first, but fortunately Win2k started by
choosing the right partition in the boot-up listing.

It would be good to hear of a first time Knoppix-install
in a situation leading to dual-boot with Windows on the
same hard drive. Maybe I should wipe all of my previous
Linux installs on these disks before attempting any new
install from the Live_CD. With 'df' I got again the

/dev/root.old        [mounted as /initrd]

besides the /dev/hda7  [mounted as /]

Wonder if that shows up with a first-time Knoppix-install.

As far as 'updatedb/locate' goes I found linrad references,
but the ./lin-command in /knuser was complaining about a
missing /UNIONFS-directory. However, in the same directory
as 'lin' I found the /linrad-01.33 -directory containing
'./linrad' which yielded an operational 'Linrad' indeed!

Thanks very much again, Roger! I think this version of the
Live_CD is very usable for state-of-the-art Linrad-efforts.

                                    73, "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/2