[linrad] 'setgid' problem with linradknoppix-2005-05-05

Hello all,

Finally I got Roger's latest ISO burned successfully; it seems
that the previous failure was due to the DVD/DL burner or Nero-
software as it has failed before (it may even be a bug on the
Abit IC-7 system). Well, the Acer laptop delivered a good CDR.

SETGID-problem: Like before I installed the contents of the
Live-CD onto the HD, and everything went well, except when
trying to access root privileges. I could log in as a normal
user using the password, but when trying to become super-user
the password failed. I do know that the password is right, as
I get "Admission not permitted" (or similar) with a wrong one.

With the correct password I get a setgid-failure: something
like "Authorization.... (my memory is failing already...).

Maybe it is of importance that I am using the same password
for user and administrator, but this did not seem to matter
in former Knoppix releases. Experimenting gets a bit heavy,
if one needs to reinstall the whole CDR in order to find out.

                   73, "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/2