[linrad] Re: Windows

> Hello dear Leif and linraders, I do not know anything about this
> subject,  but I found this package on Debian. Just if it helps...
>
> Anyway, Python seems to be the best languaje. Many people recomends
> Python in Debian GNU/Linux mailing lists.
I can understand that - Joe would not be so enthusiastic about it
for no good reason;-)

Still, for my tired head the complexity of getting started in something
so very different is overwhelming so I have to look for a simpleminded
solution.

> Package: mingw32
> Version: 3.4.2.20040916.1-2
>  A Linux hosted, win32 target, cross compiler for C/C++
>  .
>  Freedom through obsolescence.  Those who still really need to
>  can now build windows executables from the comfort of Debian.
>  .
>  This package contains the C and C++ cross compilers.

Yes. And now it is renamed MinGW (it will work on 64 bit computers
so they dropped the 32. Nobody is interested in the 16 it once
distinguisged from....)

It has to be very easy, but the amount of information is too large
and the package can do too many things - and every piece of text
is full of references to things I have no idea what they are.

Essentially I need the command line to make a .exe from this
program:

int main(args)
{
printf("HELLO");
getch();
return 0;
}

That would give me some kind of starting point. Maybe it would
just lead to new questions, but it is something I would like to try.