[linrad] Re: Experienced users only

This is great!

Here is what I see:

Starting with the zip file with the Windows executable:

The executable wouldn't get out of the parameters routine because default min and max
speed for the output soundcard were both zero and so it always reverted to zero no matter what you input.
I went into the par file and manually changed these and then I got a nice spectrum.

At first after I typed "w" to save my choices under "U", it seemed that the program wouldn't accept further input [e.g. wouldn't go to cw mode].  I had to escape out to get back in and type "A" to enter cw mode. Subsequently things worked ok when I did that.  Maybe I was just impatient.  This was all in Windows 2000

In Windows XP Pro it worked OK right from the start, because  I used the parameter files that I had 'corrected' on the Windows 2000 machine when I started Linrad, and so after I did "U" everything started up fine.

If I delete those corrected par files and let Linrad create its own, I run into the same problem with the output speed being required to be zero.  Using my manually corrected par files, things are OK as just noted.

In Debian Linux, kernel 2.6.8.x,

Make Linrad ends quickly with an error
ui.c: ui.c:81   In function user_command:  comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
make: *** [ui.o] Error 1

make linrad.exe also fails with the same error, except that its [ui.ow] Error 1, of course.

Let me know if I can help by running anything else.

I am very pleased and impressed with what you have done!

73,

Roger
W3SZ

PS I tried sending this direct and Comcast shot it back with an underliverable message so I am just posting it to the list.  Based on past experience, I am pretty sure the problem was Comcast and not your domain.

rr