Re: [linrad] Live-CD with floppy storage

Thanks for giving this a try and letting us know the results.  Since there
are so many hardware combinations there may be some hardware which is just
not supported, or not supported yet.

See below for some comments and questions.

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 wb9uwa@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have breifly tried both versions of Live-CD on two different computers
> (that is the first version without the floppy and the second version with the floppy).
> With either version, my Compaq Presario 5441 475 Mhz PC, Live does not find the
> sound card at all. It is a sound card built in to the mother board.
> The complaint is:
> modprobe:modprobe: Can't locate module sound - slot -0
> modprobe:modprobe: Can't locate module sound - service 0-0

There is a chance the CD does not support this sound card.  If you find
out what sound card it has we can check to see if the kernel has support,
and see if a new module can be built.

> When I try to use it, Linrad hangs up.
> My second PC is an IBM Thinkpad 760 with a 133 Mhz CPU.
> I can not yet get it to boot from the CD.

You can try to make a boot floppy:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/morphix/morphixboot_02.img?download

Once you have that on a floppy boot off that floppy with the CD in the
drive.  I have not tested this yet, but it should get you going.

> A friend of mine has a more powerful laptop PC and it seems to have
> issues with Live-CD as well. There are complaints of missing
> directories.

What directories?  I know it complanes about some missing files (nls
kernel modules), but I don't know of any errors that stop it from booting
and starting.  If you can send me the errors I can try to track those
down.

> 73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

73, KD7HGL

							Later, JOSH