Re: [linrad] Re: linux and graphics cards

Kohjin wrote:

---
Yes, Roger and I have no problem what so ever....
---

Well, I had no problem whatsoever until I upgraded the kernel and svgalib. Now I have the problem in spades, as per my last email which may have been sent after Kohjin wrote this.

So I wouldn't consider the ATI Radeon 32MB DDR 4x AGP as a cure for this problem. I think the problem is highly configuration specific, and a change in any one of several variables could cause trouble. In my case it was changing either the kernel or svgalib or OSS or the driver to VESA that did it. But doing so cured an occasional but very irritating lockup problem related to certain svgalib commands locking up my computer. I think Leif determined that it was the gl_getbox function.

After the changes noted, this problem has disappeared and a test program that Leif had sent me to test the svgalib command that previously locked up my computer runs fine and gives a message "TEST OK. press any key". So I am happy.

I do notice now that I have to type "Cntl C" to get back to the command prompt after leaving Linrad with "ESC" whereas before just typing "ESC" got me back to the command prompt. Does anyone else have to do this?

73,

ROger
W3SZ

73,

ROger

Yes, Roger and I have no problem what so ever....

Hope this helps,

Kohjin - JR1EDE

--
Roger Rehr