[linrad] Low phase noise LO

Greetings!

I am thinking about building a simple direct coversion IQ receiver and am
pondering what would be a good local oscilator to use. I will either use a
diode ring mixer or a Tayloe-like mixer. In both cases, from what I have
read,the local oscilator should have low phase noise. A DDS would be
convenient, but it seems that the phase noise is poor. Does any one have
any suggestions? Would an AD9852 or AD9854 DDS be satizfactory? I don't
what to make the circuit too complex.

73,

-- Edson, 7n4ncl